Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Audio/Visual Mindmeld XXXtranvaganza

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ok, as much as I wanna keep the last post up top, I've just got too much good shit to share. So in the interest of keeping tings moving right along, I've got all the mixes on a sidebar now, along with a top 10 and some links actually worth clicking on. If you want a track list plus longwinded speal for any of the mixes, scroll past this post or just click on the 6.6.06 post. Yaay.

Anyway, today's topic is music and video and the funny feelings that arise when you splice those two things together.

First off, Ninja tune has been seriously on point as of late.


Fucking. Amon. Sickest nutjob in the game (by a long shot). Up to no good again. Here's a sneak peek at his next album. Apparently, it's all centered around field recordings, and by the sound of the preview, I'm guessing shit will cause your skull to cave in on impact. My eardrums are still covered in jagged scars and third degree burns from the last time I saw him...totally worth it.



Just saw these kids too. Damn good live show...even if the crowd was mostly of the accesory-overload, GOD-I'm-so-fucking-cool-it-hurts-I-wish-I-had-a-twin-who-dressed-just-like-me-and-there-were-mirrors-everywhere-so-I-could-watch-as-I-fuck-the-shit-out-of-my-selfabsorbed-ass-all-day-every-day-even-though-I'm-over-it persuasion. I swear there's gotta be some giant alpine horn up in the hills around Hollywood that they blow when certain acts are playing...

::Buuuuh BAAAAAAAAH:: SILVERLAKE...ASSEMBLE!!! DON YOUR PINK AND GREEN EYESORE ENSEMBLE IMMEDIATELY!! FORGET NOT, YOUR PARTY SCARF, LEST YOU BE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF ALL THE OTHER ASSHOLES! SEE YOU GUYS ON FRIDAY FOR MSTRKRFT!

That aside, shit still got me all danceypants. Plus, this video, with the throwback stock footage and neon partymode 5000 action, is actually really fucking undeniably cool.

Super secret nerd shout out to having Spank Rock out (guffaw) in front of a screen with a picture from the nintendo game, Crystalis. Shit was the most unsung super sick game ever on NES, like Zelda times 100, and it never got it's due. So props to Spankrock (and the rest of the hipster crowd) for being huge geeks back in the day...not that that wasn't obvious?

Also, I swear to god I saw Dave Chapelle after the show but no one believes me. Fuck you...it was him...I saw him...you didn't...eat a dick.



Daedelus, on the other hand, is comfortable being the unabashed oddball loner type, complete with some hardcore mutton chops and a public obsession with Victorian Era Dandyism. I'm guessing this probably translates into him staying at home more often than not, where he churns out boatloads of some of the most utterly unique music ever concocted. Well thank god...that's exactly what he should be doing. Sundown could be my favorite song he's made thus far. The Colecovision keyboards, the unintelligible crooning, the breakdown featuring a mob of fired up revolutionaries armed to the teeth with cowbells...yeah, dude is for real. The video is equally amazing...the shitty youtube quality doesn't really do it justice here. Hit up the ninjatune website (now also conviently located on the sidebar) to see it in better quality...also check out the Coldcut True Skool video and the new Loka one too while you're at it.

Now for some random eurotrash videos that rock.



Thomas Bangalter with that retirement home disco pimp shit.



This song (along with Royksopp's entire last album) is pretty forgettable but the video is one of the most original ideas I've ever seen, executed perfectly.


Chemical Brother's. This is a shitty song too but the concept is dope and it has a couple of real tight moments.


However, nothing will ever top this Chemical Brothers video by the ridiculously brilliant Michel Gondry. Crappy My First Video Editor effects morphed into real life representations. Again, the video quality kinda fucks this up, but you already own the Director Series DVD of Gondry's work (along with Spike Jonze and Chris Cunningham's DVD's), so who cares right?

RIIIGHT?

No comments: