Sunday, July 27, 2008

Scumcast! 8:End of the World Party


Here again. Meant to return sooner but as per the usual, every piece of technology I own decided to break the fuck down on me within a three day span. I don't know why this in unison bs always happens to me. Granted, some of this had to do with me knocking my laptop off my bed after passing out drunk and cracking the screen (twice in a one month span), but still all the other stuff was pretty uncalled for, gawdammit. I'll spare you the details... but yeah, maybe it was more like a mix between a firestorm and my own personal shitstorm. O wellll....

But I hope you didn't go and get the idea that I'm all about <3-on-yr-sleeveyness and twirling around forevs and evs after that last one. It's all one giant see-saw to me and after that one I got the urge to balance the fucker out in a way I've been threatening to do for awhile now. Yeah that's right yall, it's time for another ELECTROINDIEBLOGHOUSEBNGATHON.....M0THRAFUGGZ0RZZ!11!!1

Photobucket


DJ Scallywag-Scumcast! 8:ENDOFTHEWORLDPARTY

(Like how I followed every rule in the book with that art? I did right click save the zombie ravers from some unknown source, so if anybody knows who did that, lemme know...)

1.AGF-Presswehen
2.Free Blood-Never Hear Surf Music Again (ACTH Remix)
3.Microchip League-New York, New York
4.Egyptian Lover-Freak A Holic
5.Alter Ego-Why Not?!(Tim Deluxe Remix)
6.Workidz-Twisted
7.Hostage-Blackout
8.Machines Don't Care-Beat Bang
9.Top Billin-Breath
10.Kid Cudi-Day N Nite (Jokers of the Scene Remix)
11.Marc Houle-Techno Vocals
12.Midfield General-Disco Sirens (D.I.M. Remix-Von Party No Vox Edit)
13.SebastiAn-Motor Interzone (Clash the Disko Kids Edit)
14.Simian Mobile Disco-Hustler (Joakim Remix)
15.Crookers vs Salt N Pepa-Love to Push It (Ursula 1000 Edit)
16.Shadow Dancer-Poke
17. DJ Gero-Savate
18.Proxy-Dance in the Dark
19.The Presets-Kicking and Screaming
20.Math Head-Get Hype
21.Hostage-Mash Up The Speaker
22.HEARTSREVOLUTION-C.Y.O.A. (Dan Oh Remix)
23.Outlander-The Vamp (Kevin Gorman Remix)
24.Surkin-White Knight Two
25.South Rakkas Crew-Mad Again (Boy 8 Bit Remix)
26.Boy 8 Bit-Bulbs Burn Out
27.Drop the Lime-I Love NY
28.Pop It Off Boyz-Crank Dat Batman (Starkey Adam West Mix)
29.N.E.R.D.-Everybody Nose (Official Remix)
30.Lil Wayne-Milli (Say Wut Remix)
31.The Bug-Poison Dart feat. Warrior Queen
32.HEALTH-Triceratops (CFCF Remix)




Now before you start trying to think, let me say a few things about this one. First, I'd say it's probably my first ever "official" dance mix. That is, this is the first one where I stuck to my guns and didn't wander into heady territories or veer off course into experimentalism because I felt compelled to do so. Granted this has everything from old school industrial to street bass to techie minimal stuff...but the main gist of it is dark, hard, evil blog jams and heavy basslines galore. This is built exactly how I would want a dance set of this type to go energy-wise and as far as I'm concerned, I murdered it.

But anyway, I decided to do this mix for a couple reasons. For one, as far as I can see, the new electro movement has reached it's zenith. Like, I'd say pretty much everybody who is gonna know about Justice knows about Justice. And cause of the myspace and all that, the young ones are all about this shit. At the end of the day, you really can't argue with that. I follow everything I can because I can't really help myself and I have definilly collected plenty of jams of this variety over the past 3 years or so. So I figured my job here is to steer new dance fans young and old away from the mountains of god-awful hipster bullshit clogging the intertubes and towards the dudes who are really doing ill shit within this spectrum.

Also, I won't go and say that this is on some deep serato crates shit either. A lot of these are the big 'choons that you might've heard dudes like Erol or Boys Noize playing out. A couple are even probably a few weeks too old (gasp!). But as far as what I like and can get ahold of, this is a fairly thorough survey of the past couple months. Most importantly to me, it's mixed really fast and well and makes me think I could be rocking festivals or something. Sighhh, if only I was well connected and knew how to properly market myself... ::wamp womppppp::

But anyway, it's out there, right here at the high water mark, before the great electro recession of 2009 and all the impending devastation that will follow in the years to come. For more on that, consult the growing inkling that is worming around in the back of yr mind...or go and check out the makeshift gallery I put up within the shitty confines of the picture section of the myspace. I've been doing a great job of being brief and ominous over there, so hopefully you didn't come from there and are now reading my nerd out and are all bummed that I'm anything but vague. Be sure to check it out soon though cuz myspace doesn't seem to enjoy how deep my internet gets. They've already been pruning pictures left and right and threatening to shut me down. Thanx Rupert (OoOops, I mean "Tom")!

Anyway, I should be back with a whole new angle fairly soon (time frames are my own personal joke so im gonna stop alluding to them). In the meantime, go ahead and blast this shit when you need to wyle the fuck out like there's no tomorrow. Who knows...there just might not be :)

No comments: