Tuesday, June 05, 2007

SCUMCAST!!


So I should've been doing this a long time ago, but I think I'm finally inching towards the "Go For It, Dude" point in my life. Not all pistons firing full speed do-or-die status yet, but closer towards that mythical place in my head where I feel I'm not just a huge waste of space and am actually taking steps to dig out this potential that I've been told I possess. I usually take forever to put together the mixtapes I offer up, just to try and ensure that when I do put something out, it is well worth listening to. But I've also realized I need to supplement the more crafted ones with something more consistent. Y'know, to keep my name hot in the streets. Plus djing all these standard working gigs has been slowly eating at my soul. So yeah, I took an hour out of my incredibly hectic schedule of constantly listening and hoarding, to actually string together some of the records that mean something to me.

And so, the SCUMCAST! was born.

SCUMCAST! ONE

1. Baby Oliver- Primetime (Uptown Express)
2. J.R Writer- Get 'Em (Dev79 Street Bass Refix)
3. Justice- Valentine
4. The Chromatics- In the City
5. Padded Cell- Unknown Zone
6. Feist- Sea Lion (Chromeo Remix)
7. David Bowie- Pretty Thing (The Scar Remix)
8. Goodbooks- Leni (Crystal Castles Remix)
9. Feist- My Moon My Man (Boys Noize Remix)
10.The Hasbeens- Make the World Go Away
11.Charlie- Spacer Woman
12.Giorgio Moroder-The Chase
13.Black Devil Disco Club- The Devil In Us
14.Curses!-Tearing Me Apart
15.Surkin vs Khia-Radio Fireworks+My Neck My Back (Courtesy of DJ Eli)
16.Buraka Som Sistema-Yah!
17.Bonde Do Role-Marinha
18.James Braun-James Brown is Dead 3
19.UHU-Virtual Network
20.Dopplereffekt-Voice Activated
21.Stupid Set- Hear the Rumble (Pinktronik Re-edit)
22.Boom Bip-The Pinks
23.Digitalism-Echoes
24.Efdemin-Bergwein
25.Junior Boys-In the Morning (Hot Chip Remix)
26.Matthew Dear-Deserter (Four Tet Remix)

So yeah, this one's got new Justice, Bonde Do Role, Environ, Kitsune, some peak time party shit, some claustrophic robot shit, old italo stuff, all capped off with a heart bursting ending.

Again, I'm gonna stress that this was live. It's basically me just randomly pulling records from all kinds of genres and doing my best to put them together on the fly, brain-storming session style (I made an edit from that Boys Noize remix to the Hasbeens because I stopped and thought a nice long blend would sound good under the acapella part). There's some ugly blends and there's some decent ones but no straight trainwrecks so I figured might as well post it to help get over being super critical of my shit. My unk -> mims -> t-pain -> "some fucking Nor*Cal fratboy douchebag yelling in my ear to play some Mac Dre, son" game is immaculate though, btw. Oh yeah, and the left ear of my headphone isn't working. I've gone through like 4 headphones in the last year or two. Word of advice: Headphones don't got Lamborghini doors.

I'm gonna shoot for this being a monthly podcast so be sure to feed this .xml link to your podcaster.

http://www.djscallywag.com/Mixes/Scumcast!.xml

For itunes just copy the link into the "subscribe to podcast" option under the advanced tab. I also put the whole blog on some RSS shit via Feedburner but because I just use bookmarks like a dinosaur, I can't really say I know how that all works yet...not that I really feel all that dumb for not walking around with bluetooth gear strapped to my head, shooting all these rogue frequencies into my skull, rerouting crucial thinky-paths. Just don't come crying to me when you are busy spending all your moneys on little wheelbarrow sidecart thing to rest that lumpy-ass mess of a headgrowth you've got going on there. ( Um, yeah I didn't wanna say anything, but those anti-pulsing meds you've been taking don't really seem to be working...)

PS I still intend to post mp3's and rant about minutia and it'll still probably look like sloppy joe's only with words, so don't think you're off the hook.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I luv the tunes you put up! Thank you!

Käthe said...

You just made a long day at work very bearable.

DJ Scallywag said...

Awesome. Mission Accomplished :)

JB om TW said...

thanks for playing my shit.

james braun