Tuesday, June 19, 2007

X



I'm a little curious as to the logic behind The Hype Machine (how they filter, how they choose what blogs end up on the front page, and so on) because half the time my posts don't show up there, and when they do they end up on page 6. I'm assuming some sort of hierarchy is in place. Not that I deserve a higher spot, but still, I've chopped up one of my shitstorms into 3 parts so that it looks a little bit more like what normal people posts tend to look like (even though I did the damn thing in one sitting as usual). I'm just gonna try and give off the illusion that I didn't do this the retarded way for once. Oh and for the record, I assume this tendency has something to do with always procrastinating with writing papers or doing projects for school and then churning them out at the very last minute (and I say always as in "every single time ever")...that's managed to translate into blogging. Pitiful!

But yeah, meat. substance. not semantics. I will just say real quick that I'm leaving for New York tomorrow for the first time in my life and my pump is through the roof and a good portion of the trip is gonna be funded by selling a bunch of First Generation Transformer toys on Ebay after they have been kicking it in my parents attic for the past 15 years or so and I think this act has got to entail some sort of symbolic representation of my existence in a wierd way. Also I've had diarhhea for the past month. Anyway, if anybody from New York has some suggestions as to where it's going down at night, please feel free to let me know! Fridays a toss up between Yo Majesty and Tim Sweeney and Saturday is a Trouble and Bass event at Tim "Love" Lee's party in Brooklyn.

OK, um I'm gonna get high now because it doesn't feel like this thing is gonna write itself today.

...


(I guess that means he's getting high right now. Kinda explains why he's so random with the ellipses. Kinda. -Ed)



::cough:: YO LES DO DIS!



I'd say this is the funniest internet thing I've seen this month. Seriously, stick with it.



I gotta give it up to this one on multiple levels. I mean, if I was an avid churchgoer and my youth minister played this for me, I'd probably be genuinely tickled in the way they intended me to be. But I've got an aunt and uncle who are TBN power preacher status now with Porsches and facelifts so I've got that level too. Even the jumbo sized version that dude rocks couldn't handle all of my "Why's"...



100% Pure Highsauce. This makes me miss Wondershowzen...




Warning! These next 2 videos could be too awesome for your own good. This is from some movie that I really want to see now...



And this is more exploding psychology from Sekitani. This is a video for a group called Obakejaa. Ahhh, my mind has been scissored with funshine!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Some ultravans from Japan. They all tend to have those spikes, btw. The comment that I remember from wherever I got this?

"Yo, where all the tentacle-rape-themed vans at?"

Seriously!



Ok, music blog mode, GO! Here's the video for the first single for MIA's new ish. More of that lo-fi colorblast stuff that I've been claiming, only this is done with an early 90's Afrojamaican aesthetic. Is afrojamaican a real term? I figure its gotta be, right? Anyway this is cool.


Justice Essential Mix

Here's the essential mix that Justice did for Radio One. A lot of old school stuff and influences mixed together with their sound. I was pretty impressed. Here were my favorite tracks minus that Syreeta Wright jam because I don't have it. I really liked how they mixed back and forth from stress into that zzt-lower states song, it breaks up the monotony of it a little. Zzt is Zombie Nation and Tiga and they're gonna release the song shortly. Considering the names behind it and how many times I've heard people play Higher State of Consciousness in the last year, I'm assuming it'll be huge.

Alan Braxe and Fred Falke- In Love With You

AKA the other other Daft Punk.

Chic- Everybody Dance


Chic had way more to offer than just Le Freak and Good Times.

M83-Run Into Flowers (Midnight Fuck Remix by Jackson)

At least these guys acknowledge Jackson and his Computer Band, because he did end up doing what they are doing first. They tend to do it better though. Dancier and less randomness just for the sake of it. Also can't wait for a new M83 album. In a year maybe?

Dabrye-Game Over (Flying Lotus Remix)

Flying Lotus's beats have been steadily progressing towards greatness. Warp took notice and signed him. 1983 was cool, but I have a feeling this dude is just getting started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

son - get at me if you're still in new york. 100dbs@100dbs.com

and i'll hit you with a number. i'm djing tomorrow in the east village if you'd like to come

peace,

dbs