Thursday, April 05, 2007

F(n) = F(n−1) + F(n−2)


So I had this idea about going all Fibonacci with the posts by having each new one combine elements of the previous two to form a semi-relevant jumping off point. Then I realized this idea would appeal to approximately nobody (including myself), and more importantly, it would require even more effort then regular effort takes. So that idea gets scrapped, along with any other semblance of structure...but I still kinda figured out how I would want to jam this together at least once, so here you go...

Thinking about Amy Winehouse's surprisingly enjoyable and respectfully updated hommage to doo wop, as well as the stark, wind weary tie between the songs in the post before that one led me here...

Ekkehard Ehlers-Ain't No Grave
Ekkehard Ehlers-O Death

All I'm gonna say in regards to this is that it's from a white German artist whose work is heavily steeped in academic philosophy and theoried approach and that I tend to avoid stuff like that like the plague because it usually acts as mere justification for loads of intrinsically boring, overly pretentious "sound art installation" bullshit. However, these tracks hit home with visceral authenticity while being tastefully augmented by the modern studio trickery.


-------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, those tracks are definately awesome, but a couple more posts like this and I'm just gonna end up hammering square pegs into round holes. Oh and uh, please pay no mind to how I too developed a bogus theory just to present this guy's stuff...or even how I start breaking out the wordage when I'm merely tryin' to drop some blogs on dat azz...cause that'll just cause more unnecessary confusion on everybody's end....unless you are straight postulatin' that the real conceptual adhesive here might be the search for an honest middle ground between sensational and cerebral enjoyment? Eh? Ehhh? Yeah, way lofty...

For now, i guess you're just gonna have to be content with a couple of mp3s from yet another self reflexive asshole (with exceptional taste).

1 comment:

Concrete Contractors Hayward said...

Thanks for sharinng this