Monday, April 02, 2007

Totally had some baller ass tangent going in my head...



...while sitting here all by my lonesome, but as soon as that "Hot dog! This stuff is gold!" light came on, said train of thought must've decided to nonchalantly coast back into "not thinking about thinking" zenmaster world. Fuck dude, fuck. Now all I can come up with is "hey, well then why not post a Switch remix!".

Ok not really, but I can totally get away with posting this Junior Boys/Hot Chip collabo with out feeling like I'm from hypeland USA, cause this shit is very necessary for your ears.


Junior Boys-In the Morning (Hot Chip Remix)


This really is one of those majestic displays of combined awesomeness that works just as well in theory as it does on paper. Hell yeah. Starts off on some Audion type hypnotic bleepfest, then all the sudden the ground gives way and you are carried off in a gush of slow motion stardust and cascading wonderfalls. Only complaint would be that it is a little too drawn out, but if you are a dance dj and you can get away with playing all 10 minutes of this ballad of ballads, then damn dude, you are on some next shit. Teach me.

Hmmm, ok, so now is this the part where I post some new Ed Banger? Oh, you can find those jams everywhere else ever? Oh ok , well then here's some older electro covers from EVEN BEFORE the time that you claim you started to be "all about electro". No shhh...don't worry, it's cool...I know you actually kinda did privately like Daft Punk back in high school. That has to count for something to someone!

Product.01-Heart Ov Glass

Not sure how hard this knocks on a huge system, probably a a little bit too idm-y to sweat it out too, but still it's got glitch in spades so if you like you some Sebastian or Mr. Oizo, and some Blondie (is it possible not to?) then this is a no brainer.

Simian Vs Aaliyah-Try Again

Found this on some old Simian Mobile Disco mix that was also pre-hypestorm. Again a little bit chintzy with the dynamics, but i've got a good feeling you rock everything through your stock computer speakers anyway, so it's worth a go...if only to hear that little squiggly flute-y synth do the hook for this song. Always gotta rep a well down tremelo, not to mention some catchy ass 909n'.

Kosh-Funeral March

Dubstep rocks my face. Seriously, on a good system, my little babyface will actually physically get juiced up with intense kinetic motion (kinda like that old stereo ad with the paid-looking sunglasses guy in the chair, only a lot more goofy I assume). Anyway, this jam's got 16-bit Genesis flashback written all over it. Golden Axe-Death Adder themesong 2007, mothafuckaz! This, a trip to Ahhs!, and a throne made out of skullz and subwoofers are all I need to fulfill my destiny. (Update: So I heard this on this Belgian guy's blog, BUNZERO, and the mc started doing an atonal "Pass the Dutchie on the left hand side" and it made me go "oh yeah, huh!" Thought I'd share...plus this guy is way up on his dubstep, so check out his mixes if you like this stuff)

BTW, I guess this is as good a time as any to tell the internet that I still kinda resent the backlash against drum n bass in popular opinion. Just cause the market is completely watered down and the majority of the shit sounds super contrived and I barely listen to it anymore, DOESN'T mean that nobody is making tight shit...Counterstrike, Ewun, Spor, etc. are still making intensely heavy angerfests that are great in the proper context (for example, when you want to drive really fast or like, when you hate the world). But as a forward minded dude, I feel I gotta to prioritize with the new hybrid bass styles. Keep switching it up guys! Serious, you dubstep producers have to make a conscious effort to innovate at this point because everybody still remembers how dnb ate itself.

Oh I just remembered one little piece of the thought process that sparked me to get on the 'pute and let loose!

I am kinda stoked that Amy Winehouse is getting shine. She's waaaay waay better than weak ass Lily Allen (I'd hit it though) and even though she is riding on a lot of sell points with the "look how well I can do mo-town for a jewish girl" thing, her shit sounds damn good. However, I'm really curious if my opinion of "Rehab" is gonna swing as drastically as it did with "Crazy" last year? I guess it depends on how big it is, but since everybody and their mother is on some tabloid generation bullfuck these days, I can see myself legitimately hating the droves of drunk chicks that will spew out wobbly eyed requests for this 6 months from now...but had you mentioned this song last October and you were a semi coherent female, I probably would have instantly had a secret crush on you. Strange, huh? Right now, you'll still get a genuine smile and a "sure!", so get 'em in before the weight of it all crushes my spirit once more (or request he could only hold her..that's the real jam of jams).

K, that wasn't nearly as amazing as I thought, just kinda paints me as the overly opiniated music guy that I really am, but honestly, the real deep shit that I think about every OTHER second of every day somehow got lost on the trip from my bed to the computer...uhhh, but hey that last post was awesome by the way, even if I decided to do it in magical wispy indy dude mode. No ambivotext to muss it up, y'know? Anyway, I hope you listened, whoever you are...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.